Delhi Horror: 22-Year-Old Makeup Artist Allegedly Raped Twice By Man She Met On Social Media
- Edited by: Surbhi Kaul
- Updated Aug 17, 2026, 08:01 IST
A 22-year-old makeup artist has alleged that a man she met through social media raped her twice in Delhi after allegedly drugging her, police sources said.
Representative Image: A 22-year-old makeup artist has alleged that she was drugged and raped twice by a man she met through social media, prompting a police investigation in Delhi.
New Delhi: A 22-year-old makeup artist who met a man through social media was allegedly raped by him twice in Delhi after he allegedly drugged her, police sources said.
According to the woman’s complaint, she first came in contact with the accused online last year. The man, who allegedly introduced himself as a makeup artist, later invited her to a hotel in northwest Delhi in July, claiming he would connect her with people for business opportunities, as per the PTI report.
The woman alleged that the accused gave her a cold drink containing sedatives, following which she lost consciousness. She claimed that he sexually assaulted her while she was unconscious and subsequently assured her that he would marry her, allegedly convincing her not to report the incident to the police.
The complainant further alleged that the man took her to another hotel in GTB Nagar on August 8, where he allegedly assaulted her again. She also accused him of threatening her with serious consequences when she attempted to resist.
Her health reportedly worsened following the incident, after which she was taken to Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital for treatment.
Police have registered an FIR based on her complaint and launched a search for the accused. Investigators have also taken possession of CCTV recordings and the hotel’s entry register as part of the probe, police sources said.
(With inputs from PTI)
In a separate incident from Delhi, a CISF jawan was allegedly involved in a confrontation with passengers inside a Delhi Metro train after being accused of secretly taking photographs of a female passenger.
The incident reportedly occurred at around 9 pm, when passengers allegedly confronted the jawan after suspecting that he had clicked pictures of a woman inside the coach. They reportedly demanded to check his mobile phone following the allegation.
According to sources, the Assistant Sub-Inspector (ASI) has been suspended until further notice.
Original source: https://www.timesnownews.com/delhi